Post-doc Position (Open)
AN ULTRASOUND METHOD TO GENETICALLY MODIFY THE BRAIN
Closing Date: 30 September 2018
PhD StudentshiP (CLOSED)
ON ULTRASOUND PULSE SEQUENCING FOR DRUG DELIVERY
This studentship call is now closed.
Project details: https://www.findaphd.com/search/ProjectDetails.aspx?PJID=86694
If you have your own funding support or would like to apply to a funding body yourself, contact Dr. James Choi at email@example.com about which projects are available in the laboratory.
Facilities and Resources
The laboratory is equipped to run experiments at multiple levels:
- In vitro (cell cultures, ex vivo human skulls)
- In vivo
We manufacturer or design transducers and microbubbles in-house. Some of the equipment we have include:
- Transducers: 16 single-element transducers (0.5, 1, 5, and 7.5 MHz), a linear imaging array
- Multi-element array manufacturing setup
- Microbubble manufacturing setup
- Signal generators, power amplifiers, filters, scopes, etc.
- Experimental water tanks
- Basic life sciences equipment
We work closely with Dr. Mengxing Tang's Ultrasound Imaging Group who has built state-of-the-art facilities in ultrasound imaging.
We also have access to all shared Department facilities including:
- Histology Room
- Tissue Culture Room
- Microscopy Suite (including confocal microscopy)
- Electronics Workshop
- Machine Workshop