2 PhD Studentships for October 2018
Seeking an Engineer, Physicist, or Biologist to work on an ultrasound brain drug delivery method for the treatment of paediatric brain cancer.
Seeking an Engineer, Physicist, or Mathematician to work on an ultrasound imaging technology.
Details to be advertised late October 2017
If you have your own funding support or would like to apply to a funding body yourself, contact Dr. James Choi at firstname.lastname@example.org about which projects are available in the laboratory.
Facilities and Resources
We've moved into a new laboratory purpose-built for noninvasive surgery and biopsy experiments. We can run a diverse range of experiments:
- In vivo
- In vitro (cell cultures)
Core equipment includes:
- Transducers: 8 single-element transducers (0.5, 1, 5, and 7.5 MHz), A linear imaging array
- Signal generators, power amplifiers, filters, scopes, etc.
- Microbubble manufacturing facilities
- Experimental water tanks
- Basic life sciences equipment
We work closely with Dr. Mengxing Tang's Ultrasound Imaging Group who has built state-of-the-art facilities in ultrasound imaging.
We also have access to all shared Department facilities including:
- Histology Room
- Tissue Culture Room
- Microscopy Suite (including confocal microscopy)
- Electronics Workshop
- Machine Workshop